Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Letters to President Obama: Yes We Can!


Dear President Elect Obama,
My name is Eliza. I am 11 years old. I live in Cambridge, Massachusetts where I am part of a Roots and Shoots group. Roots and Shoots is Jane Goodall's international organization for kids. We try to promote peace and do community service for animals and the environment.
My family is so excited that you are the President-elect. My mother worked in New Hampshire every week this fall and my brothers and I went canvasing for you. I am happy that you are the President because I know that you will take care of the environment and stop global warming.
It is important for people all over to learn how to make the world a better place. Recently, our Roots and Shoots group made a donation so other kids from low-income populations can join Roots and Shoots, too, and make a difference. The fund that was made for our donation was in honor of Shari Zimble, a mother of one of our Roots and Shoots group members. Share passed away twelve days before the election. The dedication of the fund was to honor Shari's life and the things she stood for. One of those things was change. We know that you, as President, will stand for a healthier, more peaceful, environment and community of our country and planet, and will make change. Thank you so much for caring, like us, about the future of the earth, and we know you will make a positive difference.
Congrats on the President Elect!
Sincerely, Eliza, a Sprout of Hope, the Cambridge chapter of Roots & Shoots

No comments: